Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I posted this in the new member area, but it doesn't seem to get as much traffic. I hope it's okay to repost this here. :) My husband and I adopted a GSP/Redbone Coonhound mix when she was 7 months old. She's now four years old. Let's just say that it has been a wild ride. :D

This looks like such a great group of people! I came here (and plan to stay here!) looking for some information on transitioning from raw to kibble. She has been exclusively raw-fed for almost three years. For a number of reasons, I am currently transitioning her from all raw to kibble with raw toppers.

I’ve decided to start with Fromm Prairie Gold and then try Four Star. I’m hoping for information on how long I should expect the process to take. I started Saturday with 1/2 cup of kibble added to a smaller portion of raw. Alice does have a weak digestive system. It’s one of the many reasons I decided to go back to kibble. The only time she had nice firm poops was when she got a raw knuckle bone. I was tired of having to put her teeth in danger to give her firm poop. Since Saturday, she has had pudding poops that have gotten firmer each day (so far). I have not yet upped the kibble portion from 1/2 cup. My main concern is knowing when the transition should reasonably be done so that if she still has pudding poops, I will be able to conclude that the food is not agreeing with her vs she needs more time to transition. Any guidance I can get would be so appreciated!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts