Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our Lab is 7 months old now, and we plan to start transitioning him to adult food next month.

He is currently on Earthborn Puppy Vantage, and we are considering a transition to either Earthborn Meadow Feast, Flint River Ranch Lamb, or Acana Lamb & Okanagan Apple.

A friend feeds FRR and swears by it, but there aren't that many reviews on it, and only a 3.5 star rating. There are breeders/distributors pushing it, but they use basically the same narrative, and the concern is some of them may be profit motivated.

Arcana and Flint River Ranch both indicate they use Human Grade food, and only Acana has joint supplements added in, so it looks to be the best of the three.

Some insight will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a golden and I have Oatmeal on a rotation between Acana and Fromm (grain-free lines only though). I have no issues with both and I do the rotation because to me it seems that this way Oatmeal can have a bit of variety. I'm not super picky (nor is he!) on the flavours within the lines.

Question though, if you are already on Earthborn, why not continue???

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i've never fed puppy food to my dogs. there's plenty of good kibble and can food available. you
can always add meat, fruit (i use blueberries, pear, apple), fish, human grade oils, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts