Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took in a red heeler who I can only assume was abandoned. He is about 6 years old, knows his name and can sit and stay which is about it. Main thing is he is desperate for attention. I assume this is most likely due to his original family did not show him the love he is receiving now that he is with me. I just have no idea how to get him to stop being so jealous of my husky. They both get jealous but the heeler will jump on you and try to pull your hand. He is extremely needy. What should I do? I have only had him for a month. I think he has extreme separation anxiety

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Work and play with each dog separately. You can crate the one and work and play with the other dog. Even relaxing, just separate the two dogs with one in a crate and the other out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Id train them separately, and train out the jumping and nipping quickly and with prejudice. But, I'm a bit partial as I will not have a dog that puts its mouth on people. And, I will not have a dog that leaves the ground for attention.

That said, if you think he's got separation anxiety that should be addressed as a priority.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts