Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sorry, I also posted this in another section of the forum but I think this is where it should be. We are having troubles with our 14 week old Aussie biting and nipping. She is not being aggressive but simply playing... she is hurting us, however. Not to mention, ruining some of my daughters' skirts etc... We've been trying to yelp loudly and say "OUCH!" but it seems to only get her more excited. Advice?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Your ACD is hard wired for hearding and without some training/instruction from you will choose own job.

I would start basic ob training with (sit , down and stay) to start with and hand feed for focus and bonding. Then the watch me command until your dog will look you in the eyes , and , from this point you just need to train on a regular basis using a lot of treats and praise and you will be able to train this problem behavior out of the way.

Do not get upset with dog , just train and as your dog matures all of this will just go away..

The sticky for NILIF training will be a big help here.

This advice from mashlee08 is solid: ** Read the thread "the bite stops here" you will find lots of valuable information :) **

oldhounddog

1 - 2 of 2 Posts