Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy New Year!

Sooo... what are your planned training goals and shows or trial goals for 2019?

I am heading for a Bh and AD on my young dog at our home field club trial mid May 2019. MAYBE IGP 1 in the fall (since as of yesterday IPO is now IGP) with this depending on tracking progress and obedience progress.

His heeling is coming along amazingly well. We have motions and recall.. front needs work. He is 21 months old and just so very young in the head so it will all come.

So we continue to solidify his heeling (position and power) while working on teaching retrieves, motion exercise, group exercise and the go out.

Outside of this we are spending time doing other things like hiking off leash in the woods and going fishing and other "just be a dog" stuff that simply keeps his mind fresh.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I've got a whole list of titling goals for the girls, broken down into categories. "Doable" means that if we all stay healthy and I don't have unplanned expenses, the can probably get them done. "Bonus" goals are a bit of a stretch, but still within the realm of possibility. "Super Bonus" goals are not likely to happen, but never say never.

As always, my main goals are for me: train with as much kindness as possible, don't compare our progress (or lack thereof) against other teams, don't get (too) discouraged when things don't go well, and love my dogs for who they are.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
My goals are to finish Ralphie's Open Agility titles in both JWW and Standard. We have 1 Q left in JWW, and two in Standard. We have a trial coming up at the end of the month, so I think we'll finish the JWW then. Standard we *should* finish by the end of the year. We might even finish Excellent in JWW this year, but that might be a long shot!

·
Registered
17,913 Posts
Okay, the dog title round up for 2018 and goals for 2019:

Kylie got: Outstanding Elite Regular, Touch and Go, and Jumpers, and NATCH points in all of the above.

Kylie *goals* going forward: 1000 lifetime points (we're 75 points away - some spring trial is getting a cake....) Superior Elite Touch and Go. Maybe Superior Elite Jumpers and Regular. The last two are harder since Regular has extended titles placed every 200 points and no more jumpers for Kylie until after May (when she can run as a vet). Make a top ten list or two for 2019.

Molly got: Open Weavers, Novice Chances, Open Regular, Open Jumpers, and Elite Tunnelers. Also a trick dog title.

Molly *goals*: Novice Touch and Go (which will mean novice Versatility), Open Chances, Elite Jumpers. MAYBE Open Versatility if we can get our crap together in Touch and Go. If there's convenient UpDog, take her and see how she does. Try (a new trial location) with her in the spring.

Kiran got: Novice Regular, a handful of UpDog achievements, and a couple of Canius Magnus awards at Toss and Fetch.

Kiran *goals*: Novice Jumpers, Weavers, Tunnelers and Touch and Go. Introduce him to the concept of chances (he has great sends, but he's not anywhere near ready enough to use them in a sequence). 100pt round of Frizgility. Maybe Qualify for Updog international thing in a game or two (I won't go, but it's something to shoot for there). Bother to get him at least his novice trick dog title.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
For Kai:

AKC: AXJ would be nice.
CPE: Get the 48 Q's to Qualify for Nationals 2020. We have 1 year to do so. Possible C-ATCH since we would be close with all those Q's. We're going for the gold!

Ember: Keep having fun. She's just a good dog. May or may not do some outdoor sports (frisbee, lure) randomly.. but no absolute goals.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
I've taken a step back as far as title/trial-goals go with Oli and a big step forward with overall training/foundations. We have been HARD at work dealing with his reactivity as well as working on focusing around distractions, including other dogs. I've seen tremendous progress in just the past few months. He is in a reactive dog class currently and I'd like to have him take the second level of that class, and then re-take a class designed to instill good focus and engagement skills in dog-sport type settings. We took it when he was younger but I feel like we could benefit from it more now.

I would like to get back in the rally ring and maybe some agility, depending on how his behavioral progress is going. My focus this year is creating a steady and reliable companion, as much as I'm dying for a sports dog (although I'm hoping eventually he will be both!)

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
No trials till the 2nd of March. Get Lucy's third Advanced Jumper so she is in Masters in everything. Keep having fun with Bonnie, run her FEO for a little while yet till she gets over being attacked at an Agility trial last year. May be able to start competing for Q's with her this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts