Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 7wk old Toy Poodle 2 days ago, and I have a couple questions.

1) The breeder gave us a food called "Pro Pac" but I cannot find it anywhere and am doubting that its any good. What do you all reccommend for food for my 7wk Toy Poodle?

2) If I am not by her side she will cry like crazy inside her crate or in her play pen. Should I let her cry it out, or always be by her side? Last night in her crate I dont think she cried.. thank the Lord... but after we play with her if she doesnt want a nap she will start crying if we arent right next to her. What should I do? Nothing, or go back and play with her more?

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
There are other choices besides Pro Pac. Choose one that lists meat as 3 of the top 4 ingredients. Avoid grains (corn, wheat etc) as the 4th ingredient.
Letting her cry does nothing to build her confidence or make her feel secure or safe in her new home. Don't pass up the opportunity to teach her when she needs it the most. That doesn't mean that you have to spend every minute with her or not let her cry. When you can, teach her. Reward the quiet times....praise for calmness...reassure with a brief touch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts