Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow made it though the week in one piece! This was Bunks first week alone during the day while I was at work. While he does have a dog walker who loves him and takes care of him through mid-day, I can clearly see a difference in Bunk. Luckily we have a three day weekend and will be able to spoil Bunk the entire time! lol!

Check out pics of Bunk below. Videos coming soon!

Pictures of Bunk the pug!

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
He is beautiful! Congratulations on having a good week. :)
My Min Pin is 7 Months old and still hates being left alone for more then an hour at a time.
He's getting better but its a good thing my mother works from home.
I hope to see more photos of this little guy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
So adorable! We have only ventured out once with no one home with our little man. He trashed the blinds on the window next to the door we used to leave. We used to kennel him when he was smaller but he cried the entire time.... Tried kennel training him and he just was stubborn and refused! So now we try and bring him if we can but..... He gets car sick very easily... Could deff. use some pointers on how to handle this one as my husband and I have a date coming up where our daughter is going to grandmas and we need to figure something out for our little pony.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The simple answer is tough love. It's true. I was lucky enough to be home all day for the first four weeks we had Bunk, which allowed me to teach him some basic commands, but you have to be strong with your puppy. Even if he cries, you have to leave him in the crate. Bunk still cries all of the time when he is in there and we will only let him out if we think he might have an accident.
If you want to crate potty train your puppy make sure you only give him a little space inside the crate or else he will just pee or poop on one side and move to the other. I know this is difficult, but we recently expanded Bunk's crate about two inches in width and he started having accident. I know it seems crazy but you have to do it that way.
For your date I recommend that you begin leaving him in the crate while you are away. Make sure he has just enough room inside to sleep comfortably, but no more than that or else he will have an accident. If you do not have a re-sizable crate, go out and buy one at Pet Smart -you should be able to find one for pretty cheap.
Hope that helps. Good luck on your date and feel free to leave comments on our blog if you need any advice or just want to say hi :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay thanks. He actually potty trained well early on. We used the crate everytime we went out but he bent up some of the bars.... And well we hoped we could trust him. Agt first like the first 3-5 times he was great.... The only thing he does now is tear up the blinds next to the window of the door we leave from trying to look out and see us lol... He never had accidents in his crate before though... he is a good dog im just a sucker I guess...I just feel bad enough asking for a babysitter for my daughter I cannot muster the courage to ask for someone to watch my dog too. =]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts