Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we took Brody to his new home today. I am very happy to say that the guy was very nice and his home was great too. He already has a dogwalker lined up to walk Brody twice a day when he is at work which I was really thrilled about!

Brody was pretty shy and nervous at first. He tried leaving with us as we left which really only made me cry harder.

It was definitely one of the hardest things I have done and I will never let it happen again.

It makes me feel good to know that he has a loving owner though. And I'm sure he'll very much enjoy hikes in the awesome canyon this guy lives in!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
(((HUGS))) I know that had to be so hard to do. :(

Just because you weren't meant to be Brody's owner...you were still meant to help him find his forever home. You were essential in his path to finding happiness. :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I know how hard it is to have to give-up parentship to dogs... : ( Especially after being so attached... I can't imagine having to do that now with Donatello.

Just remember he'll be happy and loved... : )

·
Registered
442 Posts
Oh gosh...I can imagine what you're going through and I'm so sorry. But you showed a tremendous amount of love...for Brody and your cats...by giving him to a home that can give him the lifestyle he needs. You are very strong and very wise. I know he'll always be a part of your heart!

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

I couldn't help but worry all night, but I got an email for his new owner today. He warmed up to him as soon as we left and even slept on his bed with him! He's eating and he already went for a hike and did awesome!

It was very nice to hear he's fitting in already! I knew he would. Bridgette and I just need to work on getting used to him being gone now!

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
You did a wonderful thing. He has a better chance at a wonderful life because you made it happen in the very beginning rescuing him from where he was. Kudos to you and congrats on finding Brody the perfect home.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
It sounds like he found a wonderful home where he will be happy. Sometimes I feel like with some animals we are just a stop along the way to them finding where they truely belong. Doesn't make it any easier though when they need to be given up, but there have been a few times where I have seen an animal just seem to fit right with whom it was given to. It always made me feel good knowing I helped them get there.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
I'm glad Brody found a great new home. You did what was best for him and your cats. I'm sure he's going to be happy where he is.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That must be very hard:(
At least Brody has a lovely home and will be well cared for.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Aww.. hey, you did what was best for Brody and your cats. I am glad it worked out as best it could!.. just remember how he touched your life in your time with you, and how you touched his!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts