Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been a tough couple of weeks for us - what with the unexpected pregnancy and having to figure out how to situate our family. We had to sit down and make some pretty rough decisions regarding some of the dogs.

Feeling hormonal and just generally stressed out and run down - not so much fun.

The universe seemed to decide it needed to give me something to take my mind off of things - enter the "trips!" Oliver, Henry, and James - they are 10 day old something or others. They were going to be put down at the county shelter along with five of their siblings unless fosters stepped up to bottle feed them. Their mother was unfortunately euthanized due to aggression... I still do not approve of that decision I think she would have been find if she had been given the opportunity to get out of there.

Anyway - we are now playing Mommy to these boys and my girls have also gotten into the act which is great - they are learning how to bottle feed! that will come in handy in the months to come.

Henry1.JPG

The mother was a light tan colour and had sort of wirey schnauzer type hair - she was about 35-40lbs fully grown. She might have been mixed with poodle but that is just a guess. I think the puppies have some shepherd in them too but really they are too mixed to nail down any breeds. They will likely be labeled "terrier mutts"

Bea

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Shoot, I almost asked you if you were a volunteer at my shelter! We have a litter of 9 that are now 8 weeks old. Mama was euthanized by animal control when they were 3 weeks old for "growling" (A nursing mother growling when brought into a new scary shelter environment? Bizarre!) and they were all successfully raised and up for adoption now. :) Good luck with yours, I hope they go as well as ours did!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
It always seems like when it rains ... it pours! But ... awwwe ... that pup is just heart-melting. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Their mother was unfortunately euthanized due to aggression...
So, they killed the mother of unweaned pups? -.-' Aggressive or protecting her babies from strangers after being thrown into a strange, scary environment? lordamercy.
At least these pups will get a chance at a good life.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
YEEAH for rescue foster mom Bea!! =)

However.....

I believe the big issue now here is the lack of pictures.

:photo:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts