Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I thought it was a general dog question. :wink:

My 11 month old lab/pitt mix, Prae, is a really tough chewer. We're trying to find some good toys for her - she loves things that squeak, and things she can just gnaw on. She's allergic to chicken, so any of those bones with chicken flavor are out.

We've gotten the Kong Tug toy, and all the rubber parts are gone on it, and plastic completely chewed. A soft ferret that had a bottle inside...well you can guess what happened with that. A Kong Wubba I got yesterday already has one of the stringy things gone on it. A rope toy completely disassembled. And I also got a Kong frisbee, and she'd taken a chunk out in 15 minutes. -.-

We do have a Kong stuffer, and she really enjoys that, but she's not interested if there's no treat (understandable).

I want her to be able to chew like she wants to, but also not completely destroy toys or ingest pieces. Any ideas on some super durable toys, hopefully a squeaky one?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I second deer or elk antlers. They're expensive, but they last forever!

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
I have two cheers and we use the Nylabone dura-chews. We also use real bones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Fire Squeaker looks fantastic. Sounds like something that she really might enjoy. And antlers? Hmm, hadn't thought of those! Thanks!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Nothing is indestructible. I use a hard rubber bone for my Lab mix, and he 'calmly' rips off tiny pieces and swallows them for about 30 minutes, then he's happy. I also give him two large raw carrots (with the green part cut off) with his meals. He saves them for a quick dessert.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Bully sticks worked well for my big dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts