Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My situation... my 11 week old maltipoo puppy was fed Life's Abundance by the breeder. When I took her home I switched to Wellness puppy formula which she has been lukewarm to. She has been having loose stools which the vet diagnosed as coccidia parasite. After 5 days of medication her stools are better but there's still room for improvement. Today I brought home some sample packs of TOTW Pacific Stream (all stages) and the pup really seems to like it. I will stay with the TOTW for now over the Wellness since she seems to like it better but was wondering how important it is to find the puppy formula of the TOTW Pacific Stream. I guess another question would be if anyone else has had issues with their pups not really liking the Wellness puppy formula.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
To be honest I don't believe it's not any/all that different between their puppy and non puppy versions. Since they were ALS and made a puppy formula (for better marketing - try telling a customer that the ALS formula is perfectly fine when there is another brand of food marketing specifically to puppies).

I fed Pacific Stream ALS before the puppy version came out - I now feed both puppy and regular (mainly because the last adult bag I came across had a hole in it and I wouldn't buy it lol). The formula's are the same I believe the kibble is just smaller in the puppy version*.

I never tried Wellness but maybe someone else can chime in on that.

* - the kibble isn't very big to begin with.

·
Registered
334 Posts
We tried Wellness one bag worth--but my dogs didn't eat with a gusto--so I didn't go back. May have been a fluke, but I have hearty eaters and I figure no more than they get, they should enjoy it. ;)

I haven't tried TOTW yet...but it's on my "to try" list soon!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts