Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used ~ Advantage multi for puppys? its a topical solution for flea and heartworm!! My vet gave it to me to use for my pup ... it just seems wierd to use a topical solution for heartworms.

·
Registered
916 Posts
I used it for 7mos last summer to January. I really liked it and her heartworm test in Feb. was negative. I only quit using it due to my dog's allergies, each time I would put it on she would get more and more irritated. But it worked really well, no HW and I didn't see one flea while she was on it either.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,
just to inform you how it works, the topical solution is absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream. It is very efficient and is one of the most sold heartworm products here in Canada. It is also great for fleas and other parasites.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Advantage Multi is a great product, though I rather use Revolution. It ends up being cheeper if you have really big dogs, and I believe that it covers more than Advantage Multi. At least its eaiser to appy for me anyways.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Advantage multi is a great product as long as your dog is not at high risk for tick exposure. It doesn't kill ticks. Revolution kills tick but doesn't kill all the internal parasites that multi does. Both are excellent products.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Advantage multi is a great product as long as your dog is not at high risk for tick exposure. It doesn't kill ticks. Revolution kills tick but doesn't kill all the internal parasites that multi does. Both are excellent products.
what is revolution? i think the first pill for heartworms the vet gave her was inno .... ? something
but yes, ticks are common here ....

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
That's why I have never tried it. It's much more expensive to use two products. But a creek runs behind my house, so I have had problems with ticks in the past.

I don't even believe that revolution covers ticks as effectively as frontline. But I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Dobmanic you are correct. Revolution only kills brown dog ticks. Frontline Plus kills brown dog ticks, deer ticks, American dog ticks and lone star ticks. I use Frontline Plus and Interceptor. (My dogs are collies so I can't use the Multi and have never tried the Revolution but we have clients that swear by both products.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts