Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just brought home my new puppy over the weekend. She is 7 weeks old, and a chinese crested. My concern is this: when she leans forward (ex. to eat or drink) her hind legs come off the ground. She basically tips forward! Is this something I should be concerned about, or is it just because she is still so young? We have a vet appt. on Wednesday, but I thought I would see what advice I could find before then! :) Please let me know if anyone has had a similar situation. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Hee hee.. nothing to worry about! My Chihuahuas were the same. Eventually they even out, but it is quite comical!

·
Registered
267 Posts
It is a puppy thing, I had Chihuahua mix who had 2 different litters of 5 puppies. We would put them in a small kiddy pool with a plate of food in the middle, as soon as they got food into their little mouths all 5 butts went up into the air. It was halirous! My boston's butt would also pop up when we first got him.

*kinda off topic but very funny*
My grandparents bottle raised a baby goat that was deformed and couldn't use his hind legs till he was almost a year old. So he would walk around every where on his front legs. Then once he could use his legs again, he would pop his butt up when he would jump over stuff.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts