Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new here.. I have recently (3 weeks ago) taking my ex husbands pit bull. Her name is Allie and she is the sweetest dog shes almost 4 years now. My ex has taken a job that requires him to be away for long periods of time, when he had her she spent 8-10 hours a day in a 5x5 pen. She had an automatic feeder and was over weight, now that I have had her in a 1/2 acre fenced yard she has lost weight dramatically (from 60 lbs to about 40). She needs heart worm treatment, but the vet said to wait a few weeks for her gain healthy weight, vet also said to just feed her more food more often. She is eating me out of house and home lol she is eating her food too! fast, and still isnt gaining. I am feeding her dog chow because the ex sent it with her. Also, Ive given her boiled chicken (fat on) and rice over her food, about once a week. What can I do to put weight on her, shes eating around 9 cups of food in 3 batches. She needs healthy weight for her treatment, but I cant seem to put it on her, help??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advise, I have enough dog chow to feed her in the morning then im out so i will be checking the ingredients list on new food tomorrow. She did have worms and was treated the first week I got her.
Also, does anyone know of a good shampoo, she has sensitive skin, I am currently using one with oatmeal and she is on flea meds but is still very itchy.

Thanks again!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts