Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am attempting to figure out the breed of my dog Charlie. Unfortunately, I had to euthanize him due to Lymes nephritis. It is killing me as I am not sure I made the right choice. I got Charlie as a rescue from a kill shelter in Kentucy almost 5 years ago.
Charlie was only around 35lbs always.
Charlie was crazy fast, if he got off the leash I could drive 35 mph and he was still ahead of me. Until I got smart and turned around then he passed me heading back home. It was a game for him.
Loved car rides but was always paying attention and would get excited at little things he would see.
Was a digger for a few years of he smelled something under ground.
Was also extremely protective of me.
He hates baths, rarely went in any water.
Loved sleeping by me. Would always be around me.

From the pictures he has the drop ears so thinking terrier mix, but he was so fast has me at basenji. He has what I feel are almond shaped eyes. His coat though to me is like a lab.

Any ideas would be great?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss. My guess would be "mixy-mix", with possibly a bit of Australian Shepherd or Miniature American Shepherd, and maybe some type of terrier, with maybe a dash of Labrador or Golden Retriever.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I’m so sorry for your loss!
My guess is that he is Mini Aussie x Golden Retriever. At least that’s how it looks like to me.
It might just be the camera (or that I need a new glasses prescription) but I don’t see any terrier in there. It’s probably just me.
But don’t take my guess as a truth! It’s just a random dog lover from a random place who saw this post and decided to post in it. That’s all.
Have fun guessing! I always like to guess dog breeds.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss. He looks to be a mix of border collie or aussie with golden retriever or lab in him. He was very handsome. I hope you find some comfort in this time of grief. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts