Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
342 Posts
I am not sure what a dog whisperer would do that would be considered B.S. I did watch a you tube video where CM taught a pit bull and another dog not to jump up on people and things using a prong collar. It seem to have worked well for a difficult dog and the owners reported that the dog has not had anymore issues with jumping up for the past year. I saw another video where a remote collar expert taught a dog to not jump up and again seemed to work exceptionally well although I do not know how successful the approach was down the line. I also read a article on how the REAL DOG WHISPERER handled this issue with ignoring the behavior. There is a video from a episode of Victoria Stillwell up on YOUTUBE that shows her rendention of teaching a dog not to jump up on people that you could search for. Possibly teaching your dog a reliable sit command would be the way to resolve your issues.

It is hard to say what may or may not work for you dog and thus be considered a approach that gets tossed in the BS catagory. ;)

·
Banned
342 Posts
Yes Marsh Muppet it is risky as with using any approach that incorporates the use of positive punishment in this manner but however regardless of my preferences it works quite often from what I have gathered in researching the issue. I have several friends and acqauntices who have quickly resolved the issue of jumping up using P+ but fortuntately I have not resorted to that approach. Possibly if I had a dog that did not respond as needed to other approaches I might consider such approaches, thankfully I have been succesful in using other methods to which some possibly require more patience.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.