Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
of employment. I posted this thread a while back about layoffs at my company. Tomorrow is the day. I've heard that the severance pay is generous, which would be nice since I've been there nearly ten years. But really, I'd rather have a job.

I've been looking around for other jobs, and it's a tough market out there. So wish me luck. I think I'm going to need it.

I'll update this thread tomorrow once I know whether I stay or go.

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
We are likewise under threat. July 1 is the deadline. Today I think I will be safe, but you never know.

Wishing you luck.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Have they told you that you ARE going to be layed off? Again, I wish you all the luck in the world!
Just found out yesterday that right after Christmas my neighbor was fired from her job of 25 yrs :eek:!! I just can't even imagine! The company's getting rid of the senior employees so they can hire new ones for cheaper :mad: This woman is the bread winner of the family of 5! Awful! Awful! Awful!
It's sooo scary, there's just no such thing as job security anymore! My hubby has just over 2 years to go before retiring & he's REALLY having to watch his Ps & Qs :mad:

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have they told you that you ARE going to be layed off?
All we heard is that there will be layoffs today--some in every department. Our department's layoffs don't start for another hour or so. It's just keeping the agony going . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts