Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
many of you know we lost my gretta not to long ago. My house is not the same with out a rottie and I have been just looking not intently to get one right away!
But I found some puppies that were born only an hour after we had to put my gretta down. I asked for pictures of the mom and dad and the mom looks EXACTLy like my gretta. I mean what are the chances! I see that as a HUGE sign and I don't really believe in signs. Anyways I am now trying to convince my hubby to get one, but he is still mourning for our Gretta. But I also see him peeking at the pictures (if hubby says no then he wouldn't keep looking at the pictures, so I know he is thinking about it!). I am also thinking of female German names to put a name with the picture to get him even more interested! He does want another rottie as we are hooked on them...just healing time I suppose.
so I am looking for suggestions on German female names! Here is what I have so far:
Anka
Brita (means strength)
Elska
Shatzeil (means little sweetheart)
sophie (sweet)

Please feel free to add more suggestions if you want. I am open to more they just need to sound and be german!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well, I don't have a Rottie, but I sure like them! And a very good friend of mine has one that is 10 yers old and unfortunatley has bone cancer. I am so sad for her! :(

However, I do like the names Anka and Sophie, from your list. I also like the names Elsa, Ilse, Elke, Danke, and Frieda. Those are all german, so your ok to go! LOL

I have two German breeds myself, a German Shepherd and a Standard Schnauzer. However, they are named after sweets! Not good old fashioned german names.

Congrats on your new puppy and I'm sorry for your recent loss!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on your new puppy and I'm sorry for your recent loss!
thank you but I don't have him yet. I am still trying to convince hubby to say yes! I went home with pictures last night and he said to me "are we going to do this every night, about the puppy" my reply was "I will till you say yes"!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
thank you but I don't have him yet. I am still trying to convince hubby to say yes! I went home with pictures last night and he said to me "are we going to do this every night, about the puppy" my reply was "I will till you say yes"!!! LOL
My wife did the same things to me... and now we have two puppies and two kittens.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife did the same things to me... and now we have two puppies and two kittens.
Okay soooooo ......TELL ME HOW SHE DID IT????? I need to convince him

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Okay soooooo ......TELL ME HOW SHE DID IT????? I need to convince him
I'm a sucker for cute puppies lol.

But I'll admit, aside from marrying her, adopting them is one of the best things I've ever done. Those two are the world to me now.

The cats on the other hand are in the process of looking for a new home. LoL

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Mandy, I know you're mourning your girl, but right now you need to take a deep breath and THINK about what you're doing.

How much do you know about this breeding? Are the parents health tested and certified though OFA, CERF ect?

I know it hurts, but how much more will it hurt if this pup has HD or Cardiac problems and has to be put down in two years?

Sorry to be the spoiler, but sometimes it's needed.

I'm more than a prior owner, I'm the daughter of a breeder (now deceased) that's aware of all the problems this beautiful breed has.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts