Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the car is in your name but the income is your spouses, how does that work? They usually put the loan in the title holders name I know but would I just bring his paystubs? Does he go on the loan too?

* and yes title loans can be bad but sometimes life happens and youre unprepared even with the best planning.

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Have you talked to your bank about a personal loan? They're MUCH less predatory than the short-term loan industry.

I think, in community property states, all property/money belongs to both spouses so loans are figured with everything together. But to know how that particular company handles it, you'd have to ask them.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I figured it out- thanks. Well i think i did but thanks!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I'm not sure exactly what kind of loan you're getting but I bought a new car this year. My husband makes more than double what I do so they put it in both our names, but used him as the "primary" borrower. Even though it's my car, when they send us flyers and reminders, etc. - they're addressed to him. It's kind of annoying.

·
Super Moderator
11,548 Posts
With a title loan, they're not so concerned about verifying income and bank balances. They'll have the title and they're not going to loan more than they can get for the vehicle if you default. Obviously, you need a clear title to get a title loan.

If you're in a community property state, they will notify your spouse regardless.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I figured it out, its 1111111100000000% NOT for us or our situation!

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Good for you, those people are crooks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts