Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, im a new member and this is my first post.
Im an owner of a weimaraner and she brilliantly gave birth to 6 pups 28/12/11.

They are 2.5 weeks old now and whilst weighing them lastnight, I noticed 2 pups had a tiny circle (2mm) dry patch on their outer hind leg. Both pups have it in exactly the same place and on the same leg?

I have tried searching for information online, ive also tried searching this forum before asking here but cant find any info on what it actually is.
I rubbed the dryness off them, one feels flat under it and one feels like a little lump? They were just like little scabs. When I saw the first I though maybe it was a little cut from either mom moving her or siblings has scratched her.

Its the fact that both pups have the exact same thing in the exact same place that has really wanting to know what it could be. I dont want it to get any worse and will be ringing my vet first thing tomorrow, but if someone may know or has experienced this, id really love to know what it is to put my mind at rest for now x

·
Registered
468 Posts
That sounds exactly like ringworm. It IS contagious so wash your hands a lot and try not to touch them in the infected areas. If you have any other pets that aren't showing those symptoms, I would bathe them and separate them immediately. If it is in fact ringworm, you can use women's yeast infection medicine on them if your vet thinks it is okay. When my kittens had ringworm the vet said I could use yeast infection medicine because it can be gentler. These are babies though, so definitely check with the vet!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts