Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm not very good with introductions, but I'll have a go.

I live in England. I'm 17. I own 2 dogs, both Doberman. Kay and Tia. Kay is the youngest, at 13 months, and Tia is 4 years. I'm studying from home to become a qualified Dog trainer. I'd love to go into the Army and train dogs there, but I don't see it happening. I was hoping to do Schutzhund with Kay, but I wasn't able to find any reliable trainers who were close enough for my mum to drive me to and from, so I settled for advanced obedience.

Kay is the first dog I've owned that I've successfully trained without help.

Before Kay, I had my little man, Jack, another Doberman. Sadly, he was from a really bad breeder, and his problems didn't show until he was a bit older, and then they all came at once. After trainers, behaviourists and medications to calm him down, he had to be PTS on the 20th of January 2011.

Kay was mine 2 days later. She's been the best decision I've ever made. She kept my mind off of Jack and she's the dog I've always wanted (minus the genitals - I wanted a boy!) and I'm working hard to make sure she passes her CGC next year. I wanted to have her tested this year, but her Doberman side came out and I've needed more time to work on her "I want to see you and pla ywith you and I'll tell everyone really really loudly!" toward other dogs. We're progressing with her "doggy manners" really quickly, but I've had to take a few months off training, due to a tragedy with one of our other dogs, and being ill with a reacurring viral chest infection. Bad humum...:redface:

I signed up to this forum about 2 years ago with jack, but only logged in once. I've forgotten all the details. :redface: I've been a lurker for quite a while and wanted to join in now that Kay and I are making so much progress.

So hello! :wave:

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Welcome back! :) You have a couple of great looking girls there! I agree....we all love pictures! :) I used to own purebreds....but now have Doberman mixed rescues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts