Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my boyfriend's extremely anxious dog(I've previously posted about her having many peeing accidents) we have recently considered maybe getting a Thundershirt. However, I am VERY skeptical and I don't know if I want to shell out the money if there's no actual costumers that can tell me it works. I believe it to be bologna, but if it's proven... Hey, then maybe I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
For my boyfriend's extremely anxious dog(I've previously posted about her having many peeing accidents) we have recently considered maybe getting a Thundershirt. However, I am VERY skeptical and I don't know if I want to shell out the money if there's no actual costumers that can tell me it works. I believe it to be bologna, but if it's proven... Hey, then maybe I'll give it a try.
I've seen them work very well for many dogs. If it doesn't work for yours, they are guaranteed. Simply return it for money back and it gets donated to a shelter or rescue. At least they did. They are distributed by so many stores now that I'm not sure if individual policies are the same. One thing, use it in stressful situations, but if you leave it on the dog all the time, they'll habituate to it and it won't have the same effect. Here's another option to see if the concept works for your dog. We did this all the time before Thundershirts were invented. http://www.crvetcenter.com/ttouch.php

·
Registered
6 Posts
My mom purchased one for her dog and LOVES IT! She swears by it. Her dog became afraid of thunder storms when she was left alone and one snuck up on them when they were away from the house and also uses it for vet visits.
She purchased it from petsmart because she too was skeptical but it could be returned there as long as she had the receipt. You might want to purchase one there so if it happens not to work for you, you can return it.

·
Banned
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah okay! Thanks guys! I really like the idea, that if it doesn't work out for us, that it will go to a shelter dog. If I can find a place that still does that, that's totally what I'm going to do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts