Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some of the reasons a dog would vomit?

My dog has been doing this since i put him on natures variety, i found out it was the high clay content to i switched to stella and chewys. He hasnt thrown up for a while, that i know of. He burps occassionally, i suppose it's because he inhales his food and gulps in air.

just 5 minutes ago he was following me around and he threw up a little and i could tell he swallowed the rest. Somtimes i can tell when hes about to throw up but gulps it back down...

Could this be the raw i've been feeding him? I've been trying to switch him to home cooked meals instead, but when i don't have time i give him stella and chewys raw

Sometimes hes completely fine other times i can notice it frequently, about everyday or every other day he'll throw up in his mouth and gulp it back down. is this an acid relux, bacteria or an ulcer in his stomach?

I asked the vet and she said try feeding him in intervals, he may be eating too fast or that i should change his food. If that doesn't work then they're going to give him an antibiotic or put a scope in his stomach to check for ulcers.

I just recently payed a pretty hefty bill for his corneal stains, meds and check up and would like to refrain from going since it was just last week unless it needs a vets attention.
any thoughts?

thanks

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
If he were my dog, I would try feeding him several small meals throughout the day in ways that he could not gulp the food down. With my dogs I either spread the food out on the floor or put it in something (such as a Kong or Brake-fast bowl) to prevent gulping.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts