Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pepper is 3 years old and in very good health. He is a rescue. I noticed a few months ago that his front/upper teeth seemed to have a small space between them. That didn't worry me at all.

Last night, I noticed that the gap has grown considerably, meaning he has lost a few of his top front teeth. I've never found them (I assume he swallowed them).

He has no problems tearing his toys to shreds, eating food or chewing on his bully sticks

He had a dental exam a few months and I was told that his teeth are in great shape, with very little tartar, so I'm totally stumped as to why his teeth would fall out?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,343 Posts
Has he actually lost teeth or could his teeth be shifting?

With healthy teeth and gums, the most likely reason to lose teeth would be trauma- as it, knocking them out- but if you are noticing a growing gap, it makes me wonder if they're shifting instead.

If the teeth are still secure in the gums and the gums are healthy, I don't think I would worry too much if the gap doesn't continue to grow. Could it be your perception of the gap? Maybe take a photo with something to scale and take another photo next month with the same measurement/scale in the photo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts