Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

We just got a puppy and his breeder was feeding him Iams; I've heard bad things about that, plus was reading the ingredients and it doesn't look too hot so we switched Luke to Buffalo Blue (or is it Blue Buffalo?) that two of my co-workers recommended.

Recently our vet said that some brands are just as good as the Blue Buffalo and that type of food is really expensive and so my mother doesn't want to pay that much although I will.

I really don't want to change Luke's diet for a third time, so I will run it by her saying I'll pay for the food. But what do you think? Do you like that brand and which brand would you say we would use for Luke?

Right now he's 14wks old and is a Coton de Tulear; they're small in case you're not sure. Thanks all!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hi! and Congrats on your new little Coton. My niece has a Coton - what a cutie.
When I first got my pup, I also fed Blue Buffalo. (puppy version I think). It's a good food. Better than Iams.
Have you seen the web site: dogfoodanalysis.com ??
It has lots of info about dog food.

I'm not sure about prices in your area. You might have to do a little research on that yourself. Though, others here on the forum will also give you good advice too, I'm sure!

·
Registered
105 Posts
switching food isnt really that big of a deal, and from my experience, some vets REALLY dont care or dont know about the ingredients in dog food, and most try to peddle the stuff they sell because its a huge part of their businesses income... Other vets do care though, mine only sells natural dog foods.

Check out chicken soup, its got good ingredients but is cheaper than a lot of other natural brands.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chicken soup, never heard of it but I'll look it up thanks Boon. And I thought they would get sick if I kept changing it, that's good to know that it's okay to keep on doing that till we find the right one.
Our vets are pretty good, the one said he won't endorse any and I'm not sure what the second one said because I was sick at the time and my mother took Luke to the vet. She said her dog was on ProPlan.

ILuvLucy--thanks for the website, I'll check it out tomorrow since it's midnight right now, yikes! And that's neat that your niece has one too! They're sure getting around!

Thanks again you two! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts