Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

From the left: Maddie, my son and daughter-in-law's miniature long-haired dappled dachshund- an 8-year old rescue. Franklin, our shitzu/Jack Russel rescue we got last January. And Molly, our 12-year-old lab/weim mix.

To call them amigos is a misnomer. Franklin loves every dog, cat and human he's met. Molly is mostly indifferent toward other dogs, though she still loves humans. Maddie barely tolerates other dogs and is hostile toward humans she doesn't know. She gets by with her extreme cuteness, but the urge to reach over and pet her or - worse still, to scoop her up - has gotten more than a few people in trouble. She's the only dog who''s bitten me in recent years but that was because she was trying to bite my daughter's miniature Schnauzer and my leg got in the way.

Franklin is pretty easygoing but feisty in his own right. He and Maddie have an uneasy truce, though Franklin can't imagine why she doesn't play.

My wife, son and DIL are in Scotland so the dogs and I are holding down the fort. This picture happened when I had the audacity to leave them for a few minutes to go downstairs and do some laundry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts