Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a sample of Ziwi Peak (lamb) and was wondering what people think of it. I currently feed my dog Taste of the Wild because it is all natural and grain free.

Thanks

·
Registered
500 Posts
I think it's the best dry dog food out there, but it comes with a huge price tag. Almost a $100 for a months worth of dog food.

·
Registered
282 Posts
If I were going to feed my dogs kibble I would have them on Ziwi Peak, great dog food and as others have said, one of the best dry foods available in my opinion.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The best period. I have been feeding the canned venison for almost a year. This has worked wonders fro a dog with IBD that couldn't tolerate much else. One think that I am amazed at is her coat and skin. I can scratch as hard and fast as I can and CANNOT get one flake or hair to sheld at all. Really amazing. She is a pitbill mix.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
It sounds like a really wonderful food, my problem is the price tag. $100 for an 11 lb bag, honestly I would never be able to afford it. :) And I imagine the average person with a medium sized or a few dogs would have the same problem. At that price feeding RAW could be more affordable.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
It sounds like a really wonderful food, my problem is the price tag. $100 for an 11 lb bag, honestly I would never be able to afford it. :) And I imagine the average person with a medium sized or a few dogs would have the same problem. At that price feeding RAW could be more affordable.
Feeding raw is much more affordable. I can feed my dogs raw for less than I would pay for a big bag of EVO. If done right and carefully, RAW can be very reasonably priced. You just have to set priorities and be willing to coupon shop for deals.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
The price is insane...for 4 dogs it would cost me $400/month. I don't spend that much on groceries for my human family. I would never buy it no matter how great it is, just on principal. If I had that kind of money I would feed a raw or homecooked diet and pay somebody to come cook it for me. :p.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts