Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We just rescued our dog from a shelter and we were told that our cutie pie here was a pug/chihuahua mix. A woman living in our condo building has a black and tan shiba-inu that looks like a huskier version of her and I was wondering if she might actually be a shiba-inu/chihuahua mix. Does anyone have any thoughts on what they think she may be?

Attachments

·
Registered
320 Posts
I don't know if I have any good guesses, but I am wondering where they got pug from! Usually the shelter is just making a guess, was your new puppy born at the shelter? Maybe her mom looked more like she had some pug background?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, she was found on the streets severely emaciated (she's healthy at 10lbs, but they found her at her fully grown size weighing 4lbs) and sick enough to require being quarantined and in the ER for the second year of her life. We have no idea of what her parents looked like, and I think they guessed that she was a pug because of the curly tail. I think it's more likely the curly tail and thicker coat come from a shiba-inu which was why I guessed that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.