Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I know this is kind of a silly question but is Masey a girl or boy name or is it unisex? My husband and I are trying to come up with a name for our pup! Thank you!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It would be pronounced Macy. I suppose it does sound a bit feminine. But it's so cute. We have a few other names picked out too. :)

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Your dog, name it what you want. I have a bitch named Leo.

·
Registered
17,925 Posts
I have a boy dog named Kiran. Technically, it's a gender neutral name. Practically people around me think it's a girl's name (and admittedly some people think his name is Karen). I don't think I could care less if I tried. I like it and it suits him super, super, well.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think Macy is pretty neutral. The first thing I think of is the actor William Macy.

And as was pointed out, name it what you want. A friend of mine has a male dog named Artemis.

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
we had a guy in the Military with that name... fit him perfectly... for a guy... a name is just a name.. it's your intent to specific individual when you say it.. I named one of my baby chics Jessica...... loved the name came to it quicky affectionately.. well now you can really tell it's a (He) and not a she... but he loves it when I call for him... guess we keeping it Jessica and maybe work in Jess as we go along lol lol ... it's the sound and your intent to them that really makes the name..

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
It definitely sounds feminine to me.

You can name your dog whatever you want, but ask yourself if it will bother you at all that people keep thinking your female dog is male. People will say things like "How old is she", "what a good girl", "what breed is she". I'm not saying that's wrong, but it's just something to consider. If you don't really care - then go for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you all for your responses! I think we're going to going in a different direction lol. This is too hard. :)

·
Registered
627 Posts
Good luck wit the name decision; I thought it could be pronounced Masey like the massey ferguson tractor; if it is I would go with male; but I'm in the middle of nowhere farm country !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
As long as you and your family and friends are comfortable with the name you are going to give to your boy dog, it's absolutely fine. In fact, if you love a name so much, I would say you should definitely call your dog with that name, you'll feel happy all the time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
aw its lovely, our 18 month English Show cocker spaniel is a Maisie, although it is mostly used a girls name? We have just got a male pup companion - he's called Magnus. We love the name. And guess it can always be shortened to Mag. Maisies not so easy to shorten so she sometimes gets Moo

1 - 13 of 13 Posts