Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I did not know that poodles came in brindle...
It's a controversial pattern, as it seems that it can only be traced back to the 1950's. That dog is a parti brindle, they can come in solid brindle, but whether or not it is a true pattern is not known.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
My absolute favorite color is a mahogany sable Sheltie with a moderate amount of white:

I also love long haired tri-color dogs:

I'm also fond of the wolf-gray kind of look that Keeshonden have:

But I can't forget about white with big patches of red!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bull Mastiffs..They are stunning dogs all round.
Mastiffs full stop for me. I've had a Bull Mastiff and Dogue de Bordeux before but this time I went for a Neopolitan Mastiff because I particularly wanted a Blue and generally you only get full Blues from Neos.

This is Mica @ 12 weeks looking a bit startled after just waking up :flypig:

12 weeks.jpg

·
Registered
144 Posts
She is beautiful! The boyfriend has always wanted a blue corso :)

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I ADORE that color! Really dislike the ears on the adult, but wow! That coat is awesome. I had never heard of fawn and blue Dobermans before. Really a pity it's considered a fault. They look angelic.
Dilute in Dobes is often linked with alopecia (hair loss). It doesn't seem to have that effect in Aussies (though it's not a recognized color) A dd puppy with bright copper trim is quite striking. My ideal color in an Aussie? Red merle with no copper and not much white

or blue merle with no anything else.

I prefer as little white as possible. But I love my dogs who are other colors too. Even the ones with copper and lots of white

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My favourite colours! And breed =P I was gonna get a Husky. We went to see some pups and my mother preferred the grey and white. I had to admit they were quite stunning. But I also like a husky with a blue eye

So I think this picture has everything! Grey with blue eyes...They are so cute!

I also like brown and white

We also went to see Alaskan Malamutes..I preferred those to the Huskies. They seem more muscular or something..The breeder also said they curl their tails more than huskies so they are awesome =P

Bull Mastiffs..They are stunning dogs all round..And this picture is just too cute!

While I agree that huskies are a beautiful breed, I would suggest not just getting one off of looks, they are a lot of work, but thats off topic ;)

I am extremely in love with rhodesian ridgebacks but I don't think I am fit to own one lol, I love them from afar haha

One day I would love to have a Northern Inuit Dog *sigh* beautiful dogs, but I wonder if they would be good at mushing....

Also I admire the unique look of Bull Terriers.

LOL when I looked up cool dog breeds Abe came up in the list of pictures!

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I like this colour, but I might be biased :p :

I don't know what you would call Jame's colour, but in the sunshine his hair looks like it has gold through it. I love his deep reddish brown base colour, with black throughout.
I'd say he is a sable merle.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
or blue merle with no anything else.

I prefer as little white as possible. But I love my dogs who are other colors too. Even the ones with copper and lots of white
He looks like Abe!

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Diluted coats are not faulted - they are just as acceptable as the blacks and the reds, at least in North America. :)
I did not know that! Do you know of any reputable breeders that produce them, or any successful show dogs in those colours?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I love blue chows.
ShadowChow.jpg

Wolf sable pomeranians.
wolf_sable1_sm.jpg

red chows(self red, eh, with shaded reds).
DSCN6915.jpg

And blue merle pomeranians.
alanepup.jpg

·
Registered
5,932 Posts
chowgal, I met my first blue merle Pom a couple weeks ago. I had no idea they came in merle!

·
Registered
126 Posts
chowgal, I met my first blue merle Pom a couple weeks ago. I had no idea they came in merle!
I haven't met one in person yet. When I got my first pom, I did a LOT of research(I was 8) and found out about ALL the colors they come in. :) They're just gorgeous! But all I've ever had were blondes/creams.

·
Registered
647 Posts
One day I would love to have a Northern Inuit Dog *sigh* beautiful dogs, but I wonder if they would be good at mushing....
Mine is surely awesome at it. He picked it up really fast, totally adores it. He can't get enough of it. He's in heaven when kids ask him for a ride up a hill.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
WOW! This thread is full of gorgeous dogs! I don't think there is one that I don't think is incredible! Of course, I gotta admit, if you want to know the look that makes my heart flutter just look at my signature :D Of course, if she was a long hair like a Bernese that would also stop me in my tracks......at least with a swissy there is a little less hair on my couch lol

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Ooooh, fun thread! :D Be forewarned that my post will contain a lot of Northern breeds. ;)

I'll start out with a non-Nordic breed. In fact, the exact opposite! I love, love, LOVE cream Salukis:

My heart stops when I see blue wolfdogs... especially since they "phase out" just like blacks and become smoky/silvery as they age:

Same goes for blue Alaskan Huskies:

Cream Alaskans like my Linney are also very high on my list of favorite colors:

Black with golden eyes like Loki...

This smokey black Sibe is one of THE most beautiful Sibes I have ever seen!

And last but certainly not least, give me a good old fashioned agouti ANY day of the week! Red agouti, grey agouti, light/white agouti or black agouti... I love them all! That may be why I currently have four agouti dogs in my household, not counting the foster Shelby who is also agouti (but very dark), and you could also make the case that Willow is a very, very light agouti.

Eye colors... I like gold eyes best, followed by light brown, followed by blue, followed by dark brown. BUT one of my dear friends has a few very interesting dogs that have multi-colored eyes, but NOT parti-eyes. They are blue in a ring towards the pupil, then brown along the outside of the iris! Super cool!

Pigmentation... I like good dark pigmentation. Not a fan of speckled noses unless the speckling goes way up onto the muzzle, not a fan of snow nose, or liver noses. Consequently I'm not really a fan of red huskies. However, I don't mind the lighter pigmentation on blue or liver dogs.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Forgot one :)

Liver/chocolate Alaskans (very unusual)...

61 - 80 of 83 Posts