Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have been fascinated by merles since being on this forum. they blow my mind!

and this guy

·
Banned
1,934 Posts
I LOVE dilute colors. Any black noses are out for me. lol Gingerbread in my signature is liver and white- his nose is liver, which is like a very pale chocolate. Honey Bun in my avatar is solid dark liver with a chocolate mask and chocolate nose.

I'm a big fan of merle. In Dachshunds I like Issabella/Tan (marked like a Doberman), Issabella Dapple and Chocolate Dapple. Btw, dapple is a different word for merle.

In Shih Tzu I also like solid white (with a chocolate or liver nose), blue, lilac and chocolate. All with or without white.

In English Setters I like orange belton.

Australian Shepherds- red merle

Cocker Spaniels- solid chocolate and chocolate/tan

Dobermans- red, fawn and blue

Bearded Collies- fawn and brown

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
This is a young afghan hound I saw at a dog show... I hadn't seen this color in person before. I really like her "eyebrows:"

The eyebrows are GREAT!

One of my dogs, Rusty, has a neat coloration. He's a mutt, maybe Border Collie/chow. He is red with black guard hairs and brindling on his legs. His legs look like tiger stripes. He has somewhat of a black mask, brindled fuzzy ears. Very fluffy fur. If I ever get any pics on a disk, I'll post some.

·
Registered
4 Posts
what kind of dogs do you think they are...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Blue merle Aussies look wonderful. I'm also a big fan of Mudis! Just look at them!

Also love Estrela coats, with their black heads and rich hues of red and brown.

Last but not least: Saarloos Wolfdogs.

·
Registered
586 Posts
That color of the Cane Corso in the first post is apparently called "formentino."

This isnt really a preference for all breeds, but I LOVE fawn great danes without a mask. I've only seen a few, but I think they're just striking.

And I dont know the technical term for it, but I love diluted tri-colors.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That Cane Corso pup is beautiful!

My favorite color on a dog is black. A deep, jet black. There is nothing more gorgeous that a jet black greyhound --they look like panthers-- :)

Jen

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
I'm slightly fascinated with unique coat patterns and colors. So when I stumbled upon the little guy below, my heart went all a-flutter.

I have no idea what this color is called, but its gorgeous. He's a Cane Corso, btw.

I'm interested to see everyone's favorite coat pattern/color, so feel free to post a picture (it doesn't have to be rare, either.)
Uh - wow...that pic really suprised me! He looks like a Franken-dog! .....like a different head was put on his body! LOL! Kinda freaky.

I love fawn w/mask and eyeliner. I love contrasting eyeliner and eyebrows on dogs.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I really like black and tan too. I do like Sydney's ticking but it gets us entirely too much attention on walks, lol. Everyone and their mother has to stop and chat and ask what breed she is and comment on how she's "every color" as my grandmother puts it. I also really like brindle a lot, although it doesn't come on many breeds I would feasibly own in the future.
Heh I know what you mean about getting stopped on walks. Buff and I are stopped all the time, and told how her color is so nice, and how she looks like a tiger, or a fox, or a hyena, or a dingo (or any other number of actual dog breeds).

I never really paid attention to dog coat color; I had always wanted a black dog. But, since I got Buffy I've grown to really like brindle, and also like when dogs are mostly white with brindle spots or patches (like Greyhounds). I admit that I do like Buff's red (?) color with pretty well-defined stripes as far as different brindle variations. Long-haired brindle is also pretty cool. I've also grown to like merle dogs and ones with ticking or are speckled. I think some ACDs are so cool looking. I also just like blue/gray as overall colors.

Heh, this is hard to do when I don't really know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I'm boring when it comes to colors.

I love black and tan, but I really want the tan to be a dark, rich color. Kind of like this dog

And also love the DDB color

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I know it's "wrong", but I just love the blue/fawn Dobies

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I really enjoy dilutes as well. Its so soft to the eyes, if that makes any sense...

I just adore all of the many colors a Border Collie come in, especially Lilac/White, Blue/white, and Sable/White. o_O

·
Registered
954 Posts
I like this colour, but I might be biased :p :

I don't know what you would call Jame's colour, but in the sunshine his hair looks like it has gold through it. I love his deep reddish brown base colour, with black throughout.

I also love the colour of a friend's Great Dane:

Any dog with a split coloured face or unique face marking is cool in my books :p
Like this handsome fellow I met at the DP a couple years ago:

And Boug, a friend's Aussie:
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/photo.php?fbid=450175491545&set=a.450175326545.237622.653661545&type=1&theater

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
I'm slightly fascinated with unique coat patterns and colors. So when I stumbled upon the little guy below, my heart went all a-flutter.

I have no idea what this color is called, but its gorgeous. He's a Cane Corso, btw.
The color is called Formentino.

With age it will probably become less dramatic as fading is typical. In some cases with pups born with a mask (less than the one in the pic) they barely have any as an adult.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
The color is called Formentino.

With age it will probably become less dramatic as fading is typical. In some cases with pups born with a mask (less than the one in the pic) they barely have any as an adult.
Love to know, does 'formentino' reference the mask or the type of sable and the dilute . . . or all?

SOB

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
Love to know, does 'formentino' reference the mask or the type of sable and the dilute . . . or all?

SOB
I'm not certain but believe it is light fawn though I've seen it used almost exclusively for the diluted. Those with black mask and hairs I've always seen simply called fawn.

I only know for sure in Pits depending on the registry and exact shade its called
Blue fawn, fawn bluies, buckskin bluies, buckskin blue mask

I personally love brindles. Maybe I will post pics later.

In Pits I like
Dark or black brindle
Buckskin brindle
Black and tan (w/ or without brindle points)
Red brindle red nose
Chocolate brindle red nose
Buckskin brindle red nose
Fawn brindle red nose
even lilac brindle
Chocolate and tan red nose again w/ or w/o brindle points

In Cane Corso I like
Black or dark brindle
Black

In Boerboel I like
Black though its controversial
Brindle

Oops for to say in Pits I also like a heavy shaded sable w/ red nose.

21 - 40 of 83 Posts