Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Often times, when people post here about PUPPY MILL rescues, i try not to open the thread. I am easily affected by photographs, videos or news about unfairly treated animals. I even cry when I see dead birds on the sidewalk. I flipped out one time inside the pet store when a teenager flicked the nose of a guinea pig. Too bad for the kid, I was there watching. I have never preached to anyone like that in my life before.

This morning, when I checked out our local humane society webpage, I cringe. I cannot understand for the life of me how this happened for a long time without anybody doing something... I just finished wiping my tears a few minutes ago, logged here and decided to share this story.

http://www.edmontonhumanesociety.com/cgi-bin/section_switch.pl?section=other&sub=newsEdmontonPuppyMill

I hope these dogs find new homes. After the life they endured from the hands of these soul less people, these dogs deserve a better life.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I've worked too long in the wrong field. I'm just too jaded. Makes me ashamed to be a human being, but nothing beyond that. I do hope all the dogs find good homes.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
That is really sick and saddening. I hope they all get good homes.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
It always leaves me feeling like I have a lead brick sitting on my heart when reading this kind of reality :( It's such terrible, terrible shame.
And I'm glad you preached to the kid who thumped the guinea pig!

·
Registered
926 Posts
I'm alot like you Mudra with any animal. I don't open/read threads that go into detail about horrible situations. I would think/visualize about it most of the day if I did read it. So, i didn't read your link.(sorry).couldn't. Based on the few responses, not good. If you hear of a follow-up to the story (and hopefully a happy ending) - could you post that. Then I can read the orginal story. I'm a wimp!

·
Registered
640 Posts
I'm alot like you Mudra with any animal. I don't open/read threads that go into detail about horrible situations. I would think/visualize about it most of the day if I did read it. So, i didn't read your link.(sorry).couldn't. Based on the few responses, not good. If you hear of a follow-up to the story (and hopefully a happy ending) - could you post that. Then I can read the orginal story. I'm a wimp!
Same here... I tend to get physically sick when I read/see animal abuse/neglect stories and they linger with me for days, weeks, sometimes even years. BTW I've given a lecture or 10 to kids who were mean to defenseless animals too... doesn't matter how small... if they have a nervous system, they can feel pain, and it's wrong to inflict it. Kudos to you for caring enough to take that kid to task about it.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
How sad Mudra. :(

It seems like the city of Edmonton really cares about their animals though. What a nice place to live. Is this the shelter where you got your babies?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How sad Mudra. :(

It seems like the city of Edmonton really cares about their animals though. What a nice place to live. Is this the shelter where you got your babies?
No MyCharlie.. :) my kiddogs all came from two different rescues. One great thing about our city, when we go to the dogpark, even the purebred ones we meet are from rescues. :D Of course, there are others who had to learn the hard way, but rescues here are almost always the first place people go to when they make a decision of getting a dog.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Mudra you're not alone. I have a hard time (most of the time) when it comes to puppy mills and several of the other things i'm sick to my stomach to be able to say i've seen. I haven't been to a puppy mill in person, but i've first hand witnessed what they produce. It's terrible and I truly wish we could treat the humans that do this the same way in return.

This past Saturday I went up to the adoption drive and there have been a lot of puppy mill dogs pulled lately. Pretty Penny (you can see her in my "Lets catch up" tread) is one of the more recent dogs recovered and she is in pretty bad shape; rotten teeth (the ones that are left), terribly undernoureshed, matted, and on top of everything she has singed ears and a naked tail. She's been badly burned.

It's sick and as some one said before, it does make me ashamed to be a human sometimes. People may not like animals, for all I care they can be disgusted by them, but there is no reason to abuse them. *Sigh*

1 - 10 of 10 Posts