Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How close are you and your dog?

Upendi reminds me everyday of how much she loves me and she truly is my best friend. Yesterday I was having a really horrible day and for the most of the day I just layed in my bed with the lights off listening to music. Well Upendi knew I was upset and just reminded me once again just how much she loves me. She spent the entire day in my bed with me snuggling and sharing my pillow. She didn't move once without me moving. And by the end of the day she had thoroughly cheered me up. It just reminded me why I'm so glad this little girl is my best friend and just how much she loves me and I love her.

My lovebug:

She was just singing along while my OH played guitar. No wonder I love her so much.:D

How close are you and your dog?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
my 4 (Lacey, Tir, Saoirse and Titch) are w/ me pretty much 24/7....if i leave them home w/ my husband, for any reason, Lacey lays on the sofa and every now and then there's this heavy "blow of air" from her....Tir will go from door to crate to floor to door to crate (etc) and "flop" each time w/ total attitude "i can't believe she left me"....Saoirse paces a bit but she and i aren't quite as bonded as the rest are w/ me (we're working on that).....Titch will pace from door (ringing the bell every time) to tv room and every now and then he jumps in hubby's lap to get his attention....none of my friends want to ever have to watch them as they don't think that they'd stick around and they don't want to be responsible....when we're at the park/club w/ friends, they won't play ball w/ anyone else (well, Lacey will to an extent, but we have to keep telling her)...they won't run agility or do any OB work for anyone else....

i think we have a pretty tight bond (but sometimes it scares me)....if anything happened to me, it'd be hard on them but i think, given time, they'd adjust to a new home....but they'd have to go w/ ppl they know so i have 3 lined up to take them if need be....

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's nice to have a dog waiting for you. :D Upendi is the same way when I leave mostly because she's more or less with me 24/7 and I'm definitely her favorite.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
I love her name :D It makes me want to go watch The Lion King II

*sings and dances* Down, in Upendi! Way down, in Upendi!

·
Registered
304 Posts
My AS is more like that than my other three. He just seems more sensitive. The little one doesn't think about much yet other than which dog has the toy that she now wants..

My other two dogs are just more aloof.

That made sense, right? LOL

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Xeph - Thanks! We listen to that song at least once a day in our house. :D

Mostlymutts- I think I got it. :p How old is the little one?

LeroyandLucy'smom- No problem, I always say that a dog is the best psychiatrist in the world. ;) Your dogs are beautiful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts