Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I'm not going to watch it because I don't really want a downer right now but could someone give me the jist?
You can click the link, the video doesn't start playing on it's own. The article just describes this man confined to a scooter allowing a 12 year old to walk his dog, and as it turns out, she was horribly abusing the dog the whole way.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
The sad thing is that this girl is 12. To do this to animals at this age, grounding isn't enough or even the right answer... she needs some serious help. I hope her parents get her the help she needs before she grows up and does this to a person.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
I will never allow anyone else to walk my dogs but me. This has been a fear of mine since I have had pets....Disgusting and all the kid gets is grounded???
Pissed also that the person taping this did nothing to help the dog. DISGUSTING. It's a hard video to wacth and it will make you cry, angry etc etc.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2391386.ece
I can't watch it and I won't watch it, but I agree with you. No one goes anywhere with my dogs that I don't go.

I can't imagine the poor guy's guilt. Thinking he's doing a good thing for his dog...

·
Registered
267 Posts
I can't believe all she got for doing that was being grounded. That girl needs to go to a mental hospital so she can get help there (I was in one before when I was 14 for self injury). There's definitely something not right with her mind.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I won't be watching the video, but if that were my kid, grounding would be the LEAST of her problems...

Hopefully she gets the help she needs, and the owner of the dog can create a very happy, healthy and abuse free life for little Jasper now.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Oh My Frickin' Gosh!!! That was horrible!!! She needs a good butt-kick!!!

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
My goodness. That is sickening. A twelve year old...I agree, she needs help. Poor, poor, poor dog. I never wish people (or animals, or ANYTHING) harm, but I hope the dog got a few nice, break the skin nips in there. More than a few.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Oh my...how does a 12 year old do that?? If that were my child, she would be more than grounded...she would put into a hospital for treatment. If a child is capable of that at age 12, what will she do when she's 20 or 30?

I have serious trust issues with other people and my dog anyways, and this is just more proof that I should never allow anyone else to take him anywhere.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
That reason for "this is why..." would never appear on my radar. Mainly because anyone taking my dogs would be thoroughly vetted, and a 12 year old wouldn't make the cut for many a reason. I walk other people's dogs myself, but that's because they have seen me and my gang for over a year in this area and stopped me while on a run. Every single one I walk is because of the owner's mobility issues, and these folks need the help. That poor bloke learned a hard lesson about researching ANYONE that he lets do ANY kind of service for him.

My "this is why..." is because I have yet to meet a person who can keep up with just my running, let alone the dogs.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
What a sick little freak. I hope someone beats -her- senseless.. I don't care if she is 12... Then again.. maybe they already have and that's why she decided to do it..

·
Registered
640 Posts
SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!! Why, why, WHY did I start watching the video... I guess I was hoping it wouldn't be as horrible as I was imagining... but when the girl kept kicking the poor dog and he would jump away, then she STOOD ON HIS TAIL to kick him so he couldn't jump away, I had to stop watching... I am SICK to my stomach and wish that girl would be severely punished for this.............

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm not surprised she is only getting grounded. Only irresponsible parents can raise a girl like this, she probably learned it from them. The kid is like an out of control dog -it's always the owner's (parent's) fault.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SICKENING!!!!!!!!!!! Why, why, WHY did I start watching the video... I guess I was hoping it wouldn't be as horrible as I was imagining... but when the girl kept kicking the poor dog and he would jump away, then she STOOD ON HIS TAIL to kick him so he couldn't jump away, I had to stop watching... I am SICK to my stomach and wish that girl would be severely punished for this.............
Just sick as well! I agree I couldn't watch it myself! I think this is one sick girl, and is harming animals for what reason ...? Cruel mean girl

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I'm not surprised she is only getting grounded. Only irresponsible parents can raise a girl like this, she probably learned it from them. The kid is like an out of control dog -it's always the owner's (parent's) fault.
I disagree. Her parents are negligent not to have noticed her behaviour or to have supervised her during the walks, but I don't think her behaviour can/could be fully blamed on her parents without knowing her mental state.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts