Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so about a week ago, I helped a customer switch from dog chow to a better dog food IMO, Natural balance. The guy was a big know-it-all and quizzed me on just about everything I told him.

So after a lot of talking, he decided he would try it. Well, the last couple of days I had off so I go to work today and a coworker tells me that this guy came back all ticked off because his dog has had diarhea for a couple of weeks (which is impossible because it was only a week ago he bought it). He had to take the dog to the vet and the vet told him to take the dog off the food immediately.

The guy told my coworker that he said I seemed to know what I am talking about but I obviously dont. Ugh. The dog wasn't even on the food that long, I dont get it. Maybe it wasn't the food for that dog but really, there is an adjustment period with new things.

Stupid people...ergh. I only posted because I know that you dog people would get it...lol

·
Registered
90 Posts
I know how you feel. People who don't want to be talked out of things generally can't be persuaded. In all likelihood he was transitioning the dog too quickly. Probably because he didn't listen to you about that either. :rolleyes:

My dad feeds Science Diet. Nothing I can do or say will talk him out of it. I've offered to pay for higher quality food of his choice. I've forwarded him articles, gone over the ingredient lists with him, showed him the dogs skin and coat issues. It doesn't matter, I've talked to him until I am blue in the face. He is always going to feed SD. Considering that I work in a pet store that carries almost exclusively grain free foods for dogs and cats, its kinda a slap in the face. Parents...what can you do...::rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I think some people are just plain unreasonable. I would have come to you and said my dog has diarrhea and then you could have told me to transition to the new food slowly, especially if I'm going from low end food to high-end food. Or given you the chance to explain etc. But that's just me. Don't take it personally; you can't please everyone. I work at an animal hospital which sells Science Diet and Medi-cal...how can you reply to someone when they ask you 'the doctor recommended this food, is it a good food?" Some people are reasonable and I can tell them 'off the record' what I think but others have an answer for everything and there is absolutely no food that will help their pet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts