Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My DH just left with all three dogs a few minutes ago. He is taking them for a walk by himself for the first time. I feel really weird. LIKE REALLY WEIRD. I am so nervous, I am shaking right now. This feels stupid. I am in the house all by myself. For the first time in two years, I feel so alone. I have been pacing back and forth, peeking through the window. I watched them as they walked away from the house. For one second I thought I heard myself scream.

I know I can trust him. The dogs actually walk a lot nicer with daddy. BUT THIS JUST PROVES ONE THING. I HAVE VERY STRONG SEPERATION ANXIETY.

Tonight, I am going to a concert. I am almost not excited to go. I have never left home without any of the dogs with me or if I am out, I am almost always with my DH. Tonight, they will be at home while Im at the concert. I almost dont want to go.

This sucks.

They will be back in about an hour. I will be by the door, waiting.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Don't worry. I have been like that too. I don't trust anyone to walk my dogs because I am afraid they will get loose in their harness or something. I also am very sad for the first couple of hours of a vacation and get that way at night too when I am not with my poochies.

I really don't know what to tell you as I haven't solved this problem for myself either. But just letting you know you're not alone.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
How'd you get your hubby to do that? **takes notes** Mine won't walk the dogs unless we're all going...

I do share the seperation anxiety though, hubby's been gone 1 week...just 8 more to go.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks TUT.. i dont know if I should be happy that there are others like me feeling crap like this.. LOL.. but thanks for letting me know I am not alone..

ACAMPBELL, how long is your DH usually away for? have you guys moved again? DH likes walking with us at night, when he cant I usually walk all three. But most of the time we do our family walk at night, he walks the boys and I walk Xena.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Poor Mudra. Try heating a sock in the microwave and cuddling with it. Or stuff a Kong with some chocolate truffles and maybe that will ease the separation anxiety a bit. :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Poor Mudra. Try heating a sock in the microwave and cuddling with it. Or stuff a Kong with some chocolate truffles and maybe that will ease the separation anxiety a bit. :D
You might also try snuggling with a dog sweater and adding some libations to rinse down the truffles. :p

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
It depends Mudra. DH is gone for 9 weeks this time, then he'll be home for about a month then gone for a year.

While he's gone this time, the kids, dogs, and I are all moving to our next duty station, at Fort Carson, Colorado. We're actually leaving in about 2 weeks. DH will meet us out there in June sometime, then is leaving in July.
Then after that he'll be home for at least 6 months before he goes again, at least we hope.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I hate leaving without the dogs or having them leave without me. Especially since I now get to take them to work with me, if I am leaving the house without at least one dog it feels weird.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I think many of us "extreme" dog lovers are just like you. I have separation anxiety too... that is probably why I rarely am away from them. I'm also spoiled because my husband and I both are fortunate enough to work from home so we are rarely apart...
Try to enjoy yourself and your babies will be happy to see you home again

This made me chuckle... lol...

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Well, I live by myself with the dogs and cats (and like it), but, whenever I'm somewhere without at least one of the Poodles, I can't wait to get home! When I meet w/friends for a bite and/or a brew . . . it's ALWAYS a place with outdoor seating just so I can have at LEAST one Poodle with me!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Thank you for this post.
I am SO glad to learn that I am not the only one that feels wierd being out without their dogs.
I don't even like someone else walking them.
What a relief- there are others

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Perhaps you should crate train yourself so you have your "safe zone" to hide in until they return? :D

*poke*

·
Registered
125 Posts
I get that way when any of my kids leave without me (human and dog alike) If grandma or grandpa take them I am constantly worrying until they get back :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts