Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
That video just makes me want a GSP all over again. That's some crazy athleticism.

We've caught Lucy going in excess of 30 miles per hour with the quad, but she'd never be able to go over obstacles with the focus that dog shows.

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Love this! Really like seeing less typical breeds flying around the agility course.

I couldn't really tell if the dog hit the contacts or not TBH. Dogs aren't required to stay on the contacts, only to get at least one toenail in ;)

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Wow! ... was he ever aiming to please! .... good dog! :)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I loved this video! What really made me smile is that it's obvious that dog is having a blast running that course. Impressive speed and focus.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
It is fun to watch a dog that enjoys it so much but he did miss every contact and almost had a flyoff on the teeter as he jumped off before it hit the ground. He would certainly be a winner in any class without contact equipment, like Jumpers and Steeplechase.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Yeah... I want a GSP.
Just picture if you will, something moving that fast all of a sudden swapping ends and slamming into a stylish point and then you flushing a big fat old Pheasant and killing it. Or just letting the bird fly.

·
Registered
11,145 Posts
What makes you say that? There are lots of fast agility dogs who are sound into old age.
As others have mentioned, he's not hitting his contacts properly. It's my understanding that the contacts are there at least in part to prevent dogs from jumping off obstacles too fast and/or from too high habitually. IF this is how he always runs and isn't just a case of occasional overexuberance, he's going to hurt himself. JMO.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Bailing on contact obstacles is pretty dangerous and puts a ton of pressure on the front legs and shoulders. It's also not good for the back and the neck. The primary reason that dogs need to hit their contacts is for the safety and longevity of the dog.

While his speed is, without question, absolutely amazing and stupifying, his control is lacking. He would be disqualified in any venue because of his missed contacts and the contacts are there for his safety.

Agility is a balance of speed and control. This particular dog is INCREDIBLE. But he appears, in this video at least, to need to go back and learn contacts.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Love this! Really like seeing less typical breeds flying around the agility course.

I couldn't really tell if the dog hit the contacts or not TBH. Dogs aren't required to stay on the contacts, only to get at least one toenail in ;)
Several times he totally missed the contacts.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I agree with the others - I would have liked to see more control. I've seen dogs at our local trials that run just as fast, but much cleaner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts