1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
That's disgusting! Aghhh, what some people will do for money:(

·
Registered
226 Posts
The scary thing is that since the economy is bad and some people are looking for anything to make a quick buck, this sort of thing seems "viable" to some people. This is horrible. Just the wording made me sad... " To Fun and Financial Freedom for Everyone"... why would ANYONE buy from a breeder that made such statements?

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
fabulous, a motivational speaker for puppymill or byb wannabes

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Haha I actually did buy Hawk without recieving his papers, the breeder told me she still had to get the signature from the studs owner (who lived over 2000 miles away) before she could send in the litter registration. She was a good lady and a month after I bought Hawk she sent me his individual registration papers for both ASCA and AKC.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Wow. Just wow.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Gee, I think I'll quit my job and start breeding Cavs in my basement......I bet I could fit 100 of them down there! :rolleyes: Ugh. Some people.

It reminds me of the push after WWII, when the government encouraged starting "puppy farms" to stimulate the economy and ensure that puppies were readily available to the public for morale reasons. Which is why puppymills still get farm subsidies.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Good breeders will admit that doing ir right generally does not make you large profits. I can only see profits being made by overbreeding and doing it all wrong. Sigh, this is scary. Not only does she do things the wrong way, but she is trying to motivate more people to as well. Makes adoption look better and better....

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
When my mother and I got laid off, we were contemplating what type of jobs we would get, ones that would promise more security than another...

Trust me, I always thought it would be amazing to be a reputable breeder of one of my favorite breeds... But me?? I don't have the time, the patience, the room, the money to start that! I would never feel comfortable breeding dogs without having any kind of research, information, and so on first.

So instead, my mother and I started our businesses! Business licenses, insurance/bonding, business bank accounts and so on... Why don't more people try that, instead of contributing to something so low as back-yard-breeding??

Some people are going to think that I was really contemplating breeding dogs, lol, but that's not the case- It just sounded that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts