Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How should I use it, I have read that they shouldn't wear them all the time but he is only skiddish when it's thundering & only if it's really loud & close, if it's distant he doesn't pay much attention to it, so... Should I only put it on him when I see he's getting skiddish from thunder? He is quite happy-go-lucky without a care in the world as long as its not thundering.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would put the shirt on him as soon as he shows signs of stress. They do work really well with dogs that are not overly stressed by loud noises.

If he still shows some stress with the shirt on you can try giving him some of the herbal calming remedies as well.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no he doesnt pace, whine, shake or void his bowels or anything like that (thank doG!!!) he just retreats into his crate & kind of shuts down, if he is outside (on leash of course) & we are caught by a sudden storm, which happens fairly frequently here in the Houston area, he will try to pull me home, if he were free he would run home & be under the house, hiding waiting for me to get there, but i never let him off leash here, too many ppl also like to shoot cans with their hunting rifles & her also is afraid of gunfire, tho not as much as thunder, but of course, i dont want to take a chance of him bolting.

so when the storm is passed & i see his stress level goes down then i take it off him?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts