Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and I can't find it. I definitely smell it, but I just spent three hours searching to no avail. I live in a 1BR condo; the bedroom and bathroom are sealed during the day. There are only so many places it could be... yet it's not there.

What do I do now? Do I give up and go to sleep, and maybe risk not finding it for a month? Do I stay up all night until I find the elusive turd? Aaagh.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Had the same thing happen recently. Found it between the toes and the pads on my dogs feet!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Had the same thing happen recently. Found it between the toes and the pads on my dogs feet!
:eek: Just imagining that being tracked all over the house. Ugh.

If this is a frequent occurrence, might be time to train the pooch to "find it" with poop???

btw did you check the bottoms of your own shoes? Been there, done that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have had this happen too! Drives ya crazy until you find where it was coming from.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I've got some somewhere in the kitchen, but can't find it even though I know the general area. Zero decided to kick the plastic bottom out of his crate before having diarrhea in there a couple of nights ago. He didn't bother to tell me he needed to go out. I can't find where the smell is coming from.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Can't you just sniff your dogs butt to see if it's comming from them :p

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't you just sniff your dogs butt to see if it's comming from them :p
I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I actually got down on my hands and knees and started sniffing around the carpet like a hound trying to catch the scent. I stopped a minute later, when I realized that even if I did find it that way, I'd probably be baying until next Tuesday.

I think I need to borrow a neighbor's three year-old kid; he's a natural at finding poop on the ground.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
Just a thought - could it just have been a dog fart?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It lingered. Oh, how it lingered... I could still smell it this morning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts