Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran out to the store early this morning, and when I returned he was trotting behind the garbage truck. Rosco saw him (from the car) and started barking. He followed my car and waltzed in to my garage.I gave him some food and water while googling craigslist and the local lost and found. He LOOKS like a husky, but with brown eyes. I'm not sure what else to google? Malamute? What else could he be?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe he is then? My searches are turning up nothing. He looks to be in good shape, a little thin and just noticed ticks around his ears. He has a collar but no tags. Poor kid. He's as sweet as can be and if Rosco (who usually loves ALL dogs) wasn't being such a jerk I'd bring him in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Could you take him to the vet to see if he's microchipped? It's probably a slim chance if he's not wearing any tags, though. Maybe put up an ad in the newspaper- lost and found ones should be free.
The only other dog that looks kind of like a husky that comes to mind is an Akita, but they're usually bigger.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Maybe he is then? My searches are turning up nothing. He looks to be in good shape, a little thin and just noticed ticks around his ears. He has a collar but no tags. Poor kid. He's as sweet as can be and if Rosco (who usually loves ALL dogs) wasn't being such a jerk I'd bring him in.
:( That stinks. I'm glad nothing like this has happened to me! Keep us updated.

·
Registered
5,071 Posts
Make sure if you put up a lost and found ad, don't put up a photo, and leave the description very vague. If someone calls you, have them tell you the color if the eyes, what the collar looked like, markings, etc. Otherwise, your lost and found ad turns into a "Free Husky!" ad, especially with such a popular breed. The original owners might not get a chance to get their dog back.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happy day!

With a heavy heart I called animal control this morning. They came out a few minutes ago and put him in the truck. Then scanned him and found a chip! He was from several blocks away. The AC guy said this morning they found a chipped dog 6 miles from his house and returned him. I'm definitely getting Roo chipped soon. I was going to before, then read about tumors, slipping chips etc and decided against it, but now I'm going for it. It's the fine line between going to the pound, or going home.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
That's great that they scanned him right there and he didn't have to go to the pound at all.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great that they scanned him right there and he didn't have to go to the pound at all.
I agree. I was having extreme mixed feelings about calling AC anyway. The pound is waaaay on the other side of town and I was thinking all sorts of guilty thoughts. It was sweet of the AC guy to come knock on my door to let me know he was taking him home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts