Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some old footage on my camera. About a year after I met Spirit I decided to do the towel test and see what happens. That evening I learned that she has an incredible patience for my antics.

2-liter bottle present for scale.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Lol! That was cute! I do believe she thought she was supposed to leave the towel on ... just following silent orders! :) She is smart ... she keeps eye contact a lot!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lol! That was cute! I do believe she thought she was supposed to leave the towel on ... just following silent orders! :) She is smart ... she keeps eye contact a lot!
She seems to put up with my antics. :) Almost like she's thinking "Ok. Can we play now?"

·
Registered
158 Posts
Am I the only one now wanting to try this with their dog?

Very cute and she sure does put up with your antics.

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
i don't think the towel test is fair. Muggsy threw that towel off in 1.5 seconds, but Muggsy hated blankets or coverings of any kind. Kabota loves blankets. he burrows under blankets any chance he gets. if i gave him the towel test, he'd probably think I was being nice.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Such a cute video! I think she was just putting up with it at the end; she seemed to understand the concept of backing out from under the towel just fine.

I can't even get a towel over Crystal's head -- she sees it coming at her and she rears up on her hind legs and bats it away with her front paws. Casper watched her do that and then did the exact same thing when I tried to toss the towel on him. So... I have one problem-solving dog and one really good copycat. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts