Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I didn't want to do it. Bella has been doing SO WELL on the Canidae Pure Elements grain free formula for almost two years now. Perfect poops, no gas. Everyone happy.

Last few times I have looked for it, it's out of stock. The stores are ordering, but the company can't deliver (apparently).

The lady at the store said to try Orijen grain free food last week. Well, I am not even half-n-half with the last of the Canidae (I was literally counting the number of kibble and adding 5 more pieces every day) and she already has pudding poops and exceptionally smelly air biscuits.

I am adding extra probiotics to her food, but doesn't seem to be helping much.

Will she get used to it?
Does anyone else use Orijen (fish & poultry grain free - blue bag)?
Bella did NOT do well on Blue Buffalo - hoping this is not the same type.

Does anybody else use the Canidae Pure Elements formula...and is it easy to find where you are?

And....does anybody order dog food online? That will be my last resort.

arrgh! I finally find a great food for her and I can't get it. :Cry:

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
I order pet food online all the time. There are quite a few companies with free shipping or $4.95 flat-rate shipping. Or try Amazon.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
That is so frustrating! I've ordered from Amazon and had good luck, although it's sometimes more expensive than buying locally even with "free" shipping. If you prefer to buy locally, you could try Acana instead of Orijen - it's a bit lower in fat and protein, might be an easier switch for your pup. Or TOTW might be a good choice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts