Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The woman who helps care for my son, has a granddaughter who adopted a 4 year old Shih Tsu. The dog was gentle and playful, but mostly untrained (except for being housebroken). The little girl (2nd grader) spent a couple of days at my house last summer, and became mad with power when she found out she could command my Golden. She began watching "Me or the Dog" and decided she wanted to train her pooch.

I got the kid Ian Dunbar's Dog Training for Children for Christmas and she's been working on training (w/Grandma's help). She was making good progress with the notable exception of "Down". The dog just wouldn't. Refused. Not playin'. With a few tips and encouragement from me, she kept at it. The other day, Grandma' played the message the little girl left on her phone that announced success with the "down" command.

Man, when little girls are excited they sure can talk fast...and loud...and in a pitch that make dolphins swim for deep water!

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a big believer in facilitating a child--to the extent one is able--who shows an interest in something real. Put real information in their hands, and help them make good decisions.

Hearing a kid that thrilled with the result of her own good effort made the DVD a bargain at 10X the price.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts