Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I post here from time to time when I have what I consider a potential issue...but I do tend to be an over-worrier and want to get some feedback from other, more experienced, dog owners!

My 1 and 1/2 year old Maltese has been coming to work with me recently, which is changing our normal schedule of him staying home in his crate. Typically he's very out going and vocal and romps a lot but the last 2 days he's been a little more reclusive and just looks like he's not all with it (although he still does bark and run to the door when someone enters.) He's also been shivering, even though it's not cold out. We were just outside in the bright sun and he stood shivering and quickly blinking his eyes, but when he comes in and lies down he stops shivering.

That being said, he's quite happy, enthousiastic even, to eat and drink. He is pooping and peeing regularly. And if enticed, he's happy to play a little game of fetch, just not quite as rambunctiously as usual.

I'm wondering if any of this sounds like white shaker dog syndrome to anyone? Or perhaps nervous from change in schedule? (he typically gets very reserved around a large group of people, and although there are only 6 of us in the office and he wasn't like this before, perhaps he's reacting to the other people?)

I'm waivering between calling the vet and waiting it out for the weekend. I have a tendency to call when he so much as sneezes and I'm trying not to be a nervous nelly...he IS eating, drinking, eliminating, and playing - he's just not really "himself" and the shivering is a little worrisome.

Any one know more about white shaker or have any suggestions of things to look for other than what I've mentioned? I hate worrying over nothing, but also won't let this go on for very long!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would call the vet just to be on the safe side. Im a *nervous nelly* too lol. It wouldnt hurt to take him in incase it might something serious :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.