Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a service dog and am glad this thread was posted. He is small and I do not have a visible disability, so we face out fair share of discrimination. The hardest thing for me to deal with is how many people ask what I have him for or what is wrong with me... ugh.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I don’t have a true service dog. I do train extensively along the line however.
I will never bother or ask about a service dog by my own volition. If you would like to meet me or my dog just say “hay yu” bruskly and j will look towards you. You have asked for my attention and I may or may not respond further, nicely. As a rule I’ll never bother or ask about an obvious service dog. Person. If it happens to be a home store of other store that routinely allows dogs i most likely will reverse course and go out of the way. The last thing I want to do is leave a bad taste for people with assistance dogs. There are just too many people violating the rules. I don’t bring my dog in without first asking if it is permitted. From there if I see another person with a dog we go back out and come again some other time. My dog is anESA dog. had to go over more jumps and through more tunnels than a master agility course to get the doctors approval an recommendations. As with other people that have service dogs I didn’t ask for this condition and don’t want it. I love my dog and she does her job well. Should another person with impairments become friendly with this purported owly dispositioned person and want to just chat on friendly terms especially about dogs I’d welcome that. I’d prefer to stay away from medical issues

121 - 122 of 122 Posts