Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i currently have 3 dogs living with me and my husband. but my family in total has 8 dogs, coiencedently in pairs:
2 bichons
2 shibas
2 akitas
2 huskies
so my family likes dogs just a little big
but i thought i would share them all here::
first off jack and tillie; they are brother and sister bichons. about 4 years old and just cuddle bugs, esp jack, he lives for his cuddles and belly rubs. tillie is more shy and reserved, but she also loves her cuddles
Jack

jack is always 'smiling', such happy boy!

Tillie

people find it hard to tell them apart, but to me they are so different.

shibas next...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the shibas.
jersey is the red boy, hes about 3 yrs old and a grump. he has the typical shiba attitude and is extremely cat like.
and zoe is the cream girl. she lives with my brother when he goes down to school. she is so freakin hyper its not funny and she has to be the center of attention!

jersey

zoe

next the akitas...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so me and my dad were hooked on the akita breed. when our first boy passed, no other dog was the same, so when i moved out the first thing i did was find me an akita. so i found izzy, and my dad loved her. so for that christmas wanted to find him an akita, and we found tipsy.
izzy is about 2 and half and tipsy is just over a year. they are as different as night and day, izzy has the typical akita attitude and tipsy, well wonder sometimes if she is actually a full akita shes so goofy...

tipsy

izzy - she lives with me-

and last but not least the huskies...

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
these guys both live with me. we got koozie becuase i thought izzy needed a friend, and the husband got to pick the breed. so he wanted a husky, so we found a breeder and my husband got pick of the litter. he wanted a red boy, so he chose koozie, whos a red/white piebald/splash coat husky. hes just over a year old.
and well i thought koozie needed a husky friend, to 'woo woo' to and just play with ( becuase izzy wasnt much on playing like koozie was), and i had always wanted an agouti husky. so the husband said if could find one within a certain price range, i could get him and i found keno, who just turned 12 weeks on monday!

koozie

keno ( these are from when he was 10 wks old, since i just posted his 11 wk old pictures)

so there is my pack of dogs, if anyone ever wants dog hair, let me know! we have pleanty to spare!

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
What a curly-tailed bunch! They are all gorgeous! My husband (who doesn't particularly like or know about little dogs) came in while I was looking at your Bichons and said, "Cute dog, Is that a Bichon"? Blew me away! LOL

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
You have beautiful dogs! I wish I could go over and live with them all :p

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!! I love your dogs! I have a question, and I am hoping you can assist me. In my family we have a 1 yr Male Shiba, and we recently added a 3 month old Female akita. I need to know, how much time should be spent with our akita to truly socialize her the right way. I have a 4 yr old daughter so I really want out newest addition to be passive and comfortable with her.
Any suggestions would help!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi!! I love your dogs! I have a question, and I am hoping you can assist me. In my family we have a 1 yr Male Shiba, and we recently added a 3 month old Female akita. I need to know, how much time should be spent with our akita to truly socialize her the right way. I have a 4 yr old daughter so I really want out newest addition to be passive and comfortable with her.
Any suggestions would help!!

Thanks!
did you get your akita from a good breeder? that can usually help with the temperment a lot.
you need to work on NILF, nothing in life is free, i'm pretty sure there is a topic on that here.
i would take her every where you can and let her experience tons of things in a positive way. early training and socialization is key with this breed, and socialization with other dogs, as akitas are known for being a bit aggressive, esp around same sexed dogs. let your daughter be there for the training so your akita knows that she is also one to listen too. also introduce her to other kids. akitas can be protective of their pack and if your child is playing with others and screaming or playing loud the akita can take that as i need to protect my pack.
these dogs also do better with positive reinforcement rather than other types of training. they are very smart and willing to please their owners. from my experience, females are more likely to want to listen than the males.
i have to head off to work, but if you have any other questions just post them and i or someone else can add to what i've said!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Beautiful pups! I love akitas. Y'all must have a GREAT vacuum cleaner with all that hair! LOL

·
Registered
535 Posts
these guys both live with me. we got koozie becuase i thought izzy needed a friend, and the husband got to pick the breed. so he wanted a husky, so we found a breeder and my husband got pick of the litter. he wanted a red boy, so he chose koozie, whos a red/white piebald/splash coat husky. hes just over a year old.
and well i thought koozie needed a husky friend, to 'woo woo' to and just play with ( becuase izzy wasnt much on playing like koozie was), and i had always wanted an agouti husky. so the husband said if could find one within a certain price range, i could get him and i found keno, who just turned 12 weeks on monday!

koozie

keno ( these are from when he was 10 wks old, since i just posted his 11 wk old pictures)

so there is my pack of dogs, if anyone ever wants dog hair, let me know! we have pleanty to spare!
I always wanted a dog that looked like Koozie but I don't think I could handle a big dog well. Oh well, I'm glad I didn't get one, cause now I have my Pickle. Just about the farthest thing from a husky.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts