Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They were actually born about 24 hours ago, but it's been a crazy 24 hours for us!! Mama and her SEVEN beautiful, black BOYS are doing great!!! She actually had us fooled and really showed no signs she was ready to whelp. Her temp didn't even drop below 99.7 or so. Between DH checking on her at 2am and me getting down to let her out at 6-6:30 am, she whelped them on her own! Well, the first six. She had #7 around 10am yesterday.

(Disclaimer: We did not breed these dogs. Mama showed up to the racing kennel from the training farm already preggers. We're just fostering her and the pups until they are ready to go to homes.)

First, to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOnGjsp8WF0

Now, to the pics...
Yesterday morning...

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! So tiny and adorable!

Yesterday afternoon...mom still exhausted and the pups moving around a bit more.

....a few more to post....

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Last night with everyone tucked in....

DH is calling the pup with the white strip on his face, Aang

Two cuties

This is another one from yesterday morning...She's so gentle with them and attentive. Even though it freaks me out when she picks on up!! I'm terrifed she's going to hurt one, but she does fine.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
OMG! Congrats! Glad to hear everyone is doing well. I can't wait to watch them grow! Little cuties :D :D

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Very cute...cant wait to see more pictures...I don't think I have ever seen a greyhound puppy before....cant wait to see what they look like at a few weeks old :)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Congratulations to mama and you! 7 boys!
I'd LOVE one of those pups, but with the nickname of "land sharks", I think I'll stick to a retired racer :p

·
Registered
150 Posts
SOOOO CUTTEEE. My mom has a greyhound, but she was rescued so we never got to see what little greyhound puppies were like! They are like all puppies.. JUST SO DARN CUTE. I hope you post more pictures as they get older!! :)

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I'm so excited to see baby greyhounds! I don't think most people ever see them as babies...only as adults and usually retired at that. You are so wonderful to foster this mamma. It's amazing how gentle they are when picking up their babies...

Lots of love to the new mom and her babies from my crew and me! :D

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I am so happy for you guys! I follow your blog and enjoy reading about all your greys.
What a wonderful (and tiring) experience for you guys to have them from birth! I'm green with envy... Best of luck for mama and all the pups to find great homes.

Edit: Oh wow, I just read on Ken's Blog that u guys are gonna keep a pup?!? Lucky baby!

Thanks for sharing the pics and video. Please keep us updated.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
I am so happy for you guys! I follow your blog and enjoy reading about all your greys.
What a wonderful (and tiring) experience for you guys to have them from birth! I'm green with envy... Best of luck for mama and all the pups to find great homes.

Edit: Oh wow, I just read on Ken's Blog that u guys are gonna keep a pup?!? Lucky baby!

Thanks for sharing the pics and video. Please keep us updated.
Where is your blog...I WANNA READ TOO!!!! :D ;)

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
7 boys, eh? They'll be a handful I'll bet!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts