Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone thought of London's Olympic opening? I loved the Queen's Corgis supposedly it was one take with the three of them - Queen included. I'm not a Monarchist or a Republican but I thought it was great. There is some criticism that it was too British? x

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
This is the London Olympics, it should have been that way. Personally as much as I liked it, I think the Chinese did a better job, it was more spectacular. I did love the childhood dream part, although it would have been better with a live Voldemort rather than the puppet.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was definitely London. Bejing was more spectacular but I think it reflects where China is being a new superpower. Uk is an Empire Lost - lol. I loved the music aspect - typical Danny Boyle.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
It was definitely London. Bejing was more spectacular but I think it reflects where China is being a new superpower. Uk is an Empire Lost - lol. I loved the music aspect - typical Danny Boyle.
yes the music was good.

I am enjoying all the games so far. Just finished watching the US beat France in men's basketball, now I am watching US Men's volleyball getting the better of Serbia.

I was sad that we just got inched out of the men's road race, 4th place while excellent is still 4th place lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
US and basketball - have they ever been beaten? It will US v. China on most events for medals. My favourite is the Athletics.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
US and basketball - have they ever been beaten? It will US v. China on most events for medals. My favourite is the Athletics.
Yeah I believe they have. China doesn't have as good basketball team this year, and they lost a key teammate on their men's gymnastics team (US was in first place after qualifications). But China is leading in the medal count right now. Great Britain got it's first medal today in the woman's roadrace (silver medal).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The US always does well! Listening to Carl Lewis one of the best ever - he thinks athletics is back on form and can beat Bolt and his team mate!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
The US always does well! Listening to Carl Lewis one of the best ever - he thinks athletics is back on form and can beat Bolt and his team mate!
That's going to be tough, Bolt is electric lol.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Great Britain got it's first medal today in the woman's roadrace (silver medal).
Yeah, and our Marianne won gold! :D

I've never been into sports, but I enjoy watching the Olympics. I watched the entire opening as well and I loved the fact that the queen herself took part in the James Bond scene. The corgis were funny, hahahah. It's nice they got a role to play too.

My dad and I are Bolt fans ever since the previous Olympics. Gotta love that guy, he's hilarious. And truth be told, I think he's gonna win all over again this time.

Someone else I'm rooting for is Epke Zonderland in gymnastics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts