Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Britt Caleb!!! How old is your boy? Xena just turned 6 months yesterday (we still think she's younger than what the rescue told us, our guess is she's around 5 1/2 months)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Thanks Britt Caleb!!! How old is your boy? Xena just turned 6 months yesterday (we still think she's younger than what the rescue told us, our guess is she's around 5 1/2 months)
lol, this is Britt. We don't know how old he is since he was an abandon, but definitely not older than 6 months. The vet seems to think he is about 4 months (that was almost a month ago so now according to her he'd be 5 months, I tend to think he is a bit younger) He is quite a bit smaller than Xena is in your current pictures. Their markings are almost exactly the same except Enzo's feet are rust colored like his legs and not white like Xena's. They both have the white "goatee" and the white stripe on the chest. Enzo just has a really fluffy head and ears, his ears actually have curls, it's too funny.

Do you know what Xena is mixed with by any chance?

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Britt:

Xena is a rottie cross. Her momma is rottie and we are unsure of her daddy. :D They came from the pound, her momma and her sisters. She looks like she has some shepherd in her, one of our friends said she could have some bernese in her too, but its all guesses.

When Xena got spayed she weighed 20+ kgs (42+lbs). She's grown a bit more after she got spayed. I am hoping she will be just as big as my other two (who are both around 85+lbs).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Britt:

Xena is a rottie cross. Her momma is rottie and we are unsure of her daddy. :D They came from the pound, her momma and her sisters. She looks like she has some shepherd in her, one of our friends said she could have some bernese in her too, but its all guesses.

When Xena got spayed she weighed 20+ kgs (42+lbs). She's grown a bit more after she got spayed. I am hoping she will be just as big as my other two (who are both around 85+lbs).
Yeah he is not even close to that weight! lol. When we went to the vet about a month ago he tipped the scales at 24lbs (he has gotten bigger since then and is starting to fill out), and I just started noticing adult teeth pushing through... so he is still 100% pup!

Everyone seems to think Enzo is a GSD mix, I even had one adamant gentleman tell me he was a purebred GSD and in no way a mix, because his puppy looked JUST like mine. The curly ears throw everyone off though!

It just blows my mind how big they get! He is my first ever puppy (I had only owned adult dogs before him) and I guess I never realized how rapidly they change, almost before your eyes!

I think he and Xena would make nice playmates! When I get over this flu and am able to get out of bed I will get some newer pictures of him.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL BRitt.. yeah puppies are amazing.. BUT alot of work.. Cain & ABel are littermates and boy was it alot of work, training and tears.. LOL! They are now two years old and still behave like puppies... I have a few people commented on how Xena look so much like Cain & Abel you'd think they are BLOOD related. I have a few pictures of Cain when he was a puppy that looks alot like Xena's puppy pics.

Its fun to watch them grow, but when they do, you will miss "the puppy". I did my best to enjoy their puppyhood. But im still amazed at how fast they grow!!!

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
She's turned out to be one BEAUTIFUL girl, Mudra!!! :D

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
She sure is filling out nice. What new tricks has she learned? I have not seen any new videos lately.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts